ΔV: Rings of Saturn
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The year is 2273
The unexpected discovery of valuable minerals within the rings of Saturn has sparked a thriving space excavation industry. You control an asteroid excavation ship hoping to make it rich out on the rings, but soon you find out that all is not as it appears. Experience a hard sci-fi story backed up with real physics and science.
ΔV: Rings of Saturn is feature complete now. Game has all the major features and major mechanics in place, all what's left is to hunt remaining bugs, polish up everything and - of course - add more content: ships, storylines, dialogs and upgrades. You can expect really frequent updates now, so make sure you have auto-update turned on!
"The way the lights on the ship light up the asteroids, the way even informational screens change when power goes out, the music that simultaneously carries emotions of loneliness, adventure, and mystery, all beautiful."
"[...]while this definitely is not my style of game, it is EXTREMELY well done for it's genre. The aesthetic and art style are simply awe inspiring."
"[...]love how the gameplay with keyboard/mouse AND gamepad is equally satisfying, while it 'plays' somewhat differently. [...] Having to constantly apply controls, to adjust speed, bearing, velocity is really fun, engaging and satisfying."
"Nice game, very captivating. The silence and mystery of space feels spot-on."
"I’m in love, I’ve been waiting for a game like this my whole life."
"[...]looks really really good! I love this kind of sims on where all is about precise control"
- Realistic top-down hard sci-fi space flight experience. Every aspect of gameplay is backed up by real science. Ships fly just as starships should.
- Jump into action in seconds with autopilot assist or save fuel by manual thruster maneuvers.
- Detailed ship simulation down to every subsystem - upgrade your ship, fix or even jury-rig broken systems on the fly. Every system failure will impact gameplay - adapt to survive in the hostile environment of space.
- Discover the mystery of the Rings, or just try to get rich leading your excavation company.
- Plan your strategy back on Enceladus Prime station. Sell your output, upgrade your ship, hire the crew and manage your company.
For best experience, use itch.io app to install the game. ΔV updates frequently and the app will make sure you have latest version.
The free demo version is always kept in-sync with the main game, reflecting all it's features perfectly. Demo has no time limit, but it is missing saves and demo ends once you get back to the station. If you are not sure if ΔV is a game for you - demo is the best way to try!
If you would like to get involved with the community, we have a discord server where we post development progress, get community ideas and just generally hang-out with fellow sci-fi fans.
- Q: Do you need to sell a certain number of this Ringer Edition to fund the game?
- A: No - unlike traditional crowdfunding campaigns, I have income to support the development. Funds from the Ringer Edition will just make the development faster.
- Q: I would like to help you, but I can't afford the game. How can I help?
- A: You can spread the word or wishlist the game on Steam.
- Q: What are the differences between Linux, Mac and Windows versions?
- A: There are none, to best of my knowledge. All versions are built simultaneously from the same source and should be identical.
- Q: What are the minimum requirements?
- A: I have no idea right now, honestly. Just grab the demo and check how it works for you - that's little over 200MB download. The screen on the end of the demo is real benchmark - if it runs smoothly, you can handle the game.
- Q: I'm not sure if it's a game for me.
- A: Just grab the free demo and give it a spin. If you like it, it's likely you'll like the full game.
- Q: What about savegame compatibility?
- A: I'm doing my best to keep the saves compatible at all times. Game is in development in over an year and I didn't ever break the compatibility - yet.
- Q: Can I save anywhere?
- A: No, the game autosaves at the Enceladus Prime station. A big part of the game is survival in space with a broken starship. The game gives you tools to jury-rig the ship on the fly. An average ring dive should take from 10 to 30 minutes.
- Q: Is there permadeath? Is this roguelike?
- Not really. You can lose your ship, but it's not easy. In the event you do so, you'll just get back to previous save.
- Q: Can I play with a gamepad?
- A: Yes, the game has full gamepad support. Just plug in any gamepad and the game should switch control scheme automatically.
- Q: Can I influence the development of the game?
- A: Certainly! Drop in to our discord server, we have #community-ideas channel just for that!
- Q: Will I get a Steam key?
- A: Yes!
|Updated||3 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||GIMP, Godot, Blender|
|Tags||2D, Atmospheric, Exploration, Music, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Space, Space Sim, Top-Down|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Languages||German, English, Spanish; Castilian, Spanish; Latin America, French, Polish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Steam, Support, Steam, Twitter, Blog, Homepage|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- 0.556.13 - Grim Reaper3 days ago
- 0.556.12 - Uncertainty Principle4 days ago
- 0.556.6 - Leaking Reactors8 days ago
- 0.556.5 - Hunting Bounties8 days ago
- 0.556.2 - Tidal Lock9 days ago
- 0.552.9 - Radioactive Decay24 days ago
- 0.550.4 - High Output30 days ago
- 0.550.2 - Collision Course34 days ago